Monday, August 18, 2008

Three's a charm!

Estelle turned 3 today! We celebrated yesterday with a fun party on a gorgeous summer night. Birthdays are so much more exciting when you actually get what they're all about. Estelle has been telling everyone for weeks that she's going to be "free" on "August on 18th." For some time now, I've been asking her what she'd like on her birthday cake. To my chagrin, she said, "Clifford!" (again!). Knowing that I couldn't go down that road again, I persisted in asking the question, hoping she'd change her mind. Finally, I got a different answer, "Clifford and George and Mickey and all of my friends!" Not exactly less challenging than last year's task. So we compromised...



Patrick was in fine form once again, explaining to Estelle that he'd swallowed her present.



Mommy and daddy gave Estelle a fun tricycle and a new bike helmet, which great aunt Pegs had to try out.





But grandma stole the night with her rockin' gift (the t-shirt was just foreshadowing)...



Then today, grandpa called to sing Estelle "happy birthday!" and we had a nice chat with Frank and JC on the phone too. What a fun couple of days for the big three-year old!

No comments: