
Overall, life with the two girls is going well. I've dubbed Veronica "Zen Baby" -- she is super mellow and observes everything around her quite serenely. Her primary subject is Estelle, who bounces and screams and laughs and makes funny faces to entertain her. V has started smiling and cooing with an occasional giggle.
I think Estelle has "Do Good" on one shoulder and "Be Bad" on the other and is struggling with the voices. One day she says to me about V, "Mom, I like her. She's a pumpkin pie." The next she says, "Sometimes when I kiss her, I really want to bite her." I tell her I understand that her emotions are very intense and that's okay. Perhaps the most candid statement of all, "Mom, when Veronica gets bigger, I'll probably be mean to her sometimes." Probably. But for now she's the sweetest big sister and a great helper for me.


No comments:
Post a Comment